1 2/3 pounds sugar pumpkin -- peeled,
seeded and cubed
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 onions, cut into wedges
2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large potato, sliced 1 quart water
3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
5. Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender until smooth. Return to pot over low heat, and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently; serve.